Wednesday, February 6, 2008

FAITH

What Is Faith?
"Faith is not a belief that everything will turn out to please us; rather it is the confidence that no matter how things turn out, God will somehow use the events in our days for His glory and for our good".
~E. Stanley Jones

______________________________

I have been feeling very kept lately. I know why. God is speaking to me in volumes these days. It is amazing how crystal clear His Will is regarding this adoption. Many of you know how uncertain it is with regard to adoptions in Guatemala, even for those of us who have made the deadline so that we can be "grandfathered" into the old system. Everytime I get the slightest bit anxious, I pray, and almost immediately a peace comes over me. The Lord has made it known to me that it is not about the money, or us, or even Josseline--it is about answering His call and being obedient to Him.
______________________________

"When God calls you to do something, you will probably have to change what you are presently doing and get in on what He is doing. You may have to run to keep up with Him."
~Denise Glenn
______________________________

I know that everything goes through the hands of God before it reaches us. Not only has the Lord answered my prayer to change my husband's heart, but he has also been making it possible by providing funds for us to adopt Josie. The decision to adopt Josie couldn't have come at a worse time for us financially. But what better time for God to speak to us so that we can put our faith wholly in him, and him put us in the position to make the right and important decisions. It is so easy to forget that nothing is ours. Everything belongs to God, and that includes our money.
______________________________
If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
~Ivan Sergyevich Turgenev
______________________________
PS~DNA is a match! I will write the details when I get the hardcopy in the mail.

No comments: